Top 10 Facts about Dreams
#1. The average person has over 1,460 dreams a year.
#2. 12% of people dream in black and white.
#3. We forget 90% of our dreams.
#4. We never really remember the beginning of a dream, we always wind up right in the middle of what's going on. – Inception
#5. Dreams are not about what they are about.
#6. Dreams feel real while were in them, its only when we wake up that we realize something was actually strange. – Inception
#7. Men and Women dream differently:
- Men tend to dream more about other men. Around 70% of the characters in a man’s dream are other men. On the other hand, a woman’s dream contains almost an equal number of men and women. Aside from that, men generally have more aggressive emotions in their dreams than the female lot.
#8. Blind people Dream:
- People who become blind after birth can see images in their dreams.
- People who are born blind do not see any images, but have dreams equally vivid involving their other senses of sound, smell, touch and emotion.
#9. We only Dream of what we know:
- In our dreams we see real faces of real people that we have seen during our life but may not know or remember.
- Studies have been done on many different animals, and they all show the same brain waves during dreaming sleep as humans. Watch a dog sleeping sometime. The paws move like they are running and they make yipping sounds as if they are chasing something in a dream.